Hit the Road with an E-Bike from Green Light Cycle
What happens when someone with over 30 years in the electrical appliance and manufacturing industry tries an e-bike in Asia for the first time? He returns home and starts his own electric bicycle company, of course!
Green Light Cycle Ltd.™ was imagined, when its founder fell in love with e-bikes and started looking for an e-bike when he came back home to Canada. He tried various brands and models testing them for performance, value and to make sure that they could meet the quality standards for BC's hilly terrain. When none matched his exacting conditions, he decided to take matters into his own hands and design the perfect, affordable commuter bike for his personal use, friends, and family.
Building his e-bike wasn’t easy. It required sourcing and testing various parts before choosing the ones that fit the bill, in terms of quality, durability, and pricing. Since the bike’s design criteria was for his loved ones and himself to use, only the best would do. He tested his first prototype on the roads himself, commuting form home to work every day for over a year, fine-tuning the product until it was something he could be proud of. With this mission in mind he designed a quality and affordable Electronic Bicycle and Green Light Cycle Ltd.™ was created.
E-Bikes by Green Light Cycle Ltd.™
Today, Green Light Cycle Ltd.™ offers two Canadian-made models of e-bikes, Urban Ryder and Urban Cruiser, which are designed for commuting in today’s urban city. Both are economical, strong, silent, and fun to ride.
Urban Ryder: This strong, lightweight, sporty aluminum-framed, 7-speed entry-level electric bicycle is built with high-quality parts and mainstream components making it durable and easy to maintain. It has a lithium 48V, 13amp hour, center rack-mounted removable battery pack with battery lock and an easy access charger port. The frame size is 19” from the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube. The seats can be adjusted from a minimum height of 37.4 inches to a maximum height of 42.1 inches from the seat to the ground. The Urban Ryder is available in matt black frame colour with green logos and has a wheel size of 26".
The Urban Ryder is an excellent choice for people who want to explore new terrains and enjoy off-road adventures. It is also suitable for urban city commutes and can be used for running errands or commuting to work.
Urban Cruzer: It is also a strong, lightweight, sporty aluminum-framed, 7-speed entry-level electric bicycle built with high-quality parts and mainstream components. It has a lithium 48V, 13amp hour center rack-mounted removable battery pack with battery lock and an easy access charger port. The frame size is 19” from the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube. The seats can be adjusted from a minimum height of 34 inches to a maximum height of 38.5 inches from the seat to the ground. The Urban Cruiser is available in blue gray frame colour with orange logos and has a wheel size of 26".
The Urban Cruiser is an excellent choice for people who want to enjoy leisurely rides and cruise around the city or for regular commutes in an urban environment.
Why Now Is a Great Time to Invest in an E-Bike
If you’re wondering how to live a healthier, more environmentally friendly lifestyle (just like many others across Canada), investing in an e-bike is a great decision to make. Electric bikes are becoming increasingly popular in Canada, here are a few reasons why:
- Rebates: In 2023 numerous provinces in Canada initiated electric bike credits and tax breaks for Canadians which include, discounts on the purchase price, tax credits and other forms of financial support. See ridereview.com for incentives offered by each Canadian province and more information.
- Cheaper Than Gas: E-bikes are a cost-effective mode of transportation. They are more affordable than cars and can save you money with a faster payoff of ownership costs. Also they can save you the cost of gas, licensing, maintenance and parking.
- Good for Health: Cycling is a low-impact exercise for people of all ages and fitness levels that is easy on your joints, your muscles and can help improve your cardiovascular health.
- Travel Further Than a Traditional Bike: E-bikes make cycling even easier by providing pedal assistance when needed. Use pedal assistance after a long, tiring day at work or on a steep incline to get from point A to point B without being intimidated by the commute or hill climb.
- Convenience: E-bikes can be used for routine commutes without worrying about traffic congestion or parking issues.
- Affordable: Green Light Cycle offers Open Box Sales with returned bikes that are still in as new condition.
Browse the Green Light Cycle’s online store here or contact the Green Team if you have any questions. Come Ride With Us and Happy Riding!